As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spending, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers. The candidate should be energetic, eager to learn and quick to adapt to constantly changing situations, with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Day to day task involves:
- Maintaining all MIS reports.
- Working closely with the fabric manufacturer on new developments, collecting sample cloths.
- Working closely to purchase and plan with team for the current and forthcoming seasons.
- Following up with the vendor to ensure adherence to quality and customer requirements.
- Keeping updated at all times the order management files and fabric trackers.
- Production planning and works towards the pricing strategy thereby increasing the bottom line.
- Communicating with manufacturers for new orders, updating them on production planning and managing the dispatch flow to production.
- Attend relevant trade shows, markets and events to identify market trends, gather product information, select merchandise and establish business relationships with viable vendors.
- Shop other comparative brands, on a regular basis to identify new trends and opportunities, evaluate merchandise mix, evaluate the competition, and translate findings into executable product plans.
- Graduate Degree is required
- Candidates with a relevant degree to justify the skills required will have an advantage
- At least 5 years of proven experiences
- Must have previously worked with fashion store/brand(s)
- Order management and pricing strategy
- Negotiation and finalization of prices
- Could understand the fashion trend and customer demand properly
- Could purchase the quality of product at minimum prices
- Knowledge of fast-moving items and buying patterns of customer
- Monitor and priorities Purchase orders generation and track the materials received.
- Checking of invoices in accordance with Purchase order.
- Prepare Comparative Statements for new vendors
- Vendor identification, vendor development, Vendor negotiations, Vendor impalement, Vendor management
- Not Disclosed. (No bar for deserving candidates)